Monday 5 July 2010

Day 1: My First Day

Hello, my name is Rachel Livadi, and today is my first day in Second Life. Yay!

I have wanted to join second life for a long time but have never had the time until today. I've decided to create a journal about my day today life on Second Life, which was inspired by the many diaries and journals you can find across the web. I want to be able to share my feelings and thoughts with you all as I travel through this mysterious world, and I hope you enjoy reading about it.

I am feeling very excited about starting, as a lot of people have told me its a amazing adventure and emotional rollercoaster. Only one way to find out!

Okay, I have created my account and chosen this name (obviously :] ). Any meaning to the name I chose? Nope, I just went with the name I felt suited me best and I felt comfortable with.

As I entered the world, my first thoughts were "what do all these buttons do?", luckily there were notices near by showing me how to move and what each button does, so it was pretty simple to learn.


Here is my first ever photo! Its exciting knowing that there will a lot more snapshots heading this way, so I can't wait to get going!


Here is a picture of me whilst I was learning :) I really loved the rooms, they were very modern and peaceful, which helped to make me feel welcome.









Flying is probably one of my favourate things on here that I have learned so far, as it allows freedom to go where ever you wish, up or down, left or right. It is amazing that such a small feature makes a whole lot of difference to how you see this world.

So being me I had to take a picture of myself floating in mid air... CHEESE! :)



Okay so I have been following the tutorials for a few minutes and I am picking it up okay, so I go ahead and teleport to my first destination, and end up in a place called the LE Look.
The clothing and everything here is so amazing! Very detailed and realistic, but with no lindens I couldn't do much so I decided to search for other stores that offer free clothing and items.


I ended up at the Galaxy Freebie Store, where I found a lot of nice clothing, so I picked out a few items and ended with my second ever look :)

Of cause... I had to take a pic :P

I have really enjoyed my first day of learning and finding my first ever look. However, it was also very exhausting, but I will definatly keep at it, writing my story as I go along.

Now I can't wait to log in next time and carry on my adventure, so for now happy exploring everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment