Thursday 15 July 2010

Day 11: SOMA

When you look around all the stores with their beautiful shoes, jewellery and clothing. It makes you wish that you could do something like that, which is why today I am at SOMA, School of Design.
I have wanted to learn how to make clothes, so I can't wait to get started.


I see the SOMA HUDS, and they have a load of stuff! You get a lot of textures, and also you can earn reward points which is a great system, as you can collect tutorials and other cool items with them!

Okay so looking at the tutorials, it seems that you need gimp or photoshop to create textures. I have photoshop on my computer, but I ain't got a clue how to use it, so I decided to do the tutorials step by step.

I have done the first three tutorials now on the SOMA HUD, and its slowly making sence, but it is still very difficult to get to grips with everything. As on photoshop there are so many different tools, so it is going take me a while to get use to it, but I hope to get to the hang of it soon! I would love to be able to create my own textures and clothes one day!

I now decide to take a break and look around SOMA, to see what they offer. I head for the library, where they store the tutorials and templates. They offer so much it is brillant, full of information on how to make different designs!

They also have a underground mall which have clothes stores which are owned by the students here, so its worth having a look down there :P

I am going keep practising and in the next few days I'm hoping to have been able to create something and show it to you, so see you soon!!! :)

Visit SOMA: SOMA (164, 197, 754)

No comments:

Post a Comment